I have a confession that probably won’t surprise too many people… I don’t read very many books. It really hit me last year when I starting forming the majority of my thoughts in 140 characters or less
So I decided at the end of last year to develop a simple but effective plan.
- 12 months… 12 books
- Each book would be a blind recommendation from a friend
I decided to ask 12 friends (I intentionally asked diverse people) for one book each. It was hard for some of them to come up with just one recommendation, but most of them stuck to the rules.
I am on my 5th book… here are the list of 12:
- Ender’s Game by Orson Scott Card
- Lost Letters of Pergamum by Bruce Longenecker
- Peace Like a River by Leif Enger
- The Power of One by Bryce Countenay
- Watchmen by Alan Moore
- Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand
- Why Zebras Don’t Get Ulcers by Robert M. Sapolsky
- Foundation by Isaac Asimov
- Fountain Head by Ayn Rand
- The Illustrated Man by Ray Bradbury
- What’s so Amazing about Grace by Philip Yancy
- Everything that Rises Must Converge by Flannery O’Conner
Now that I am 5 months in, I am really enjoying the project. I will try to follow up towards the end of the year with a recap of all the books.